Saturday 15 April 2017

Beddington Farm - More new arrivals!


Having taken full advantage of my lie in I set out for the Farm arriving at daylight. I scanned the North Lake from Kojak’s corner and then set the scope onto the islands on the South. This is the great advantage of being in this spot as both lakes can be monitored from some twenty metres above each lake. The elements are the only issue this high up!

Having noted Little Ringed Plover and a Green Sandpiper, I then spied a Common Sandpiper moving around in small clumps of vegetation on the back of the main island. I got Glenn onto the bird before it moved out of sight.I later re-located this bird on the North lake at the Southern end.
A walk around the mound did not produce much until I was returning to my corner. A male Wheatear was surveying the ground from one of the posts supporting a young tree. The bird totally ignored me as I completed my route. More Wheatear were found at the NE end of the Lagoon by Steve.
The low cloud had pushed a few more Hirundines onto the lakes this morning. A single House Martin was noted amongst the Swallow and Sand Martin. There was no sign of any white winged gulls this morning. With Cattle Egret being reported in Surrey Vice County an incoming Little Egret gave me a momentary flutter of the heart as it flew in from the North!

Tomorrow rain is forecast with a SW to NW wind! Will the forecast be right and will it bring a fall of migrants with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment