Sunday 6 January 2013

Bits and Bobs!

Saturday is football day Sutton Utd were away to Salisbury in the Blue Square Bet South. Salisbury are top of the league. This was going to be a tough fixture. I had a car full for this trip which would take a couple of hours. A brief look at the feeders produced a Goldfinch which did not stick around. I made a mental note to check the niger seed as the Greenfinch didnt stop the other day. The seed must need changing! My concerns were later confirmed the seed had gone off! The feeder was duely cleaned sterilised and re stocked.

The journey to Salisbury had a slight glitch I missed the A303 turn off and a detour was necessary. I arrived at Salisbury FC in good time for the start of the match having ticked Pheasant on the A36. The match was a thriller which saw Salisbury win 1 - 0 having scored in second half from a shot which deflected off of a Sutton player. The car was fairly happy on the way home even though the U.s had lost!

I looked at the weather forecast having dealt with the feeder situation. Fog on the coast with mist and low cloud inland. Back to Beddington Farm for me!.

The weather on Sunday was calm, slightly misty with a bit of mizzle in the air which would certainly keep anything that was on the move nice and low and within my viewing range. I gathered my kit together and packed the car a Grey Heron flew south above me straight over the driveway. There was no time to grab my camera I could only exclaim "That was low!".

Sunday is a good day to bird at the Farm, the landfill isn't operating, it is ringing day and the day most members are on site kicking every bush in the hope of finding a rarity! I added a few more species to my yearlist the best was a Little Egret seen along the channel adjacent to Beddington Park. This species has become a regular feature at the Farm, birds winter but I do not tire of seeing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment