Monday 11 March 2013

Tinamou Time!


MARCH 9th

The weather for the next few days is changeable with some rain. Rain takes the edge off of the humidity, it is between 35 – 40C in the shade!

The highlight of the mornings trip to the Atlantic forest was seeing a Tataupu Tinamou with its distinctive orange bill. The bird was seen by Becca then playback did the rest. Sadly I was not quick enough on the SLR as it shot across the path but a fantastic bird to see. This species is heard most mornings around dawn.

A Narrow-billed Woodcreeper was seen at the base later on in the day.
(Narrow-billed Woodcreeper)
 A Canary-winged Parakeet wanted to use my laptop to get on the internet! It was that close!
(Canary-winged Parakeet)
The evening was spent with the owner of the site. Joe was head chef at the BBQ and I attempted some Spanish. I completely bombed out appearing like a guppy fish at feeding time at points! I am not one to be beaten though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment